Have you been selected on your provincial / territorial team?
An extraordinary experience awaits you at the Canadian Francophone Games.
What to bring, how to prepare and other tips in this section.
Provincial and territorial transportation is organized by each team. National transportation to Victoria is organized by FJCF. Depending on your location, teams could be transported by plane, bus or train. Schedules will be known closer to the Games.
Teams that will use ground transportation are: Alberta and British Columbia.
All other teams will arrive by plane.
All meals and snacks are provided by the Organizing Committee.
Most meals will be served at cafeterias at the main venue or at the school where teams are staying.
If there are any allergies to mention, please do so on your registration form and inform your team.
The Organizing Committee will try to accommodate all restrictions and offer a diverse menu.
Participants and coaches/chaperones will sleep in school classrooms.
There are dorms for girls and dorms for boys. There is a minimum of one adult per classroom. The whole team sleeps in the same school.
Team members are generally grouped by discipline: basketball and badminton girls together for example.
A schedule for showers will be suggested to teams. Some disciplines will use the school shower, while others will use the competition venue showers. Schedules will have to be respected.
Parents attending the CFGames as spectators should see the Visitors page for details on accommodations.
Carry-on or backpack for the day
You should have these items with you when you leave:
- PICTURE ID;
- Medical card (or photocopy);
- and allergy or medical condition identification such as a bracelet if necessary;
- any medication and vitamins you have to take;
if you have allergies, please make sure you indicate then correctly on your registration form and inform your coach
- Money … for souvenirs and extra snacks from concessions (please note some snacks are offered by the Organizing Committee);
- Sunglasses, regular glasses and contact lenses if necessary;
- Toothbrush and toothpaste (format less than 100 ml);
- Empty reusable water bottle;
- Cell phone and charger;
- All documentation provided by your team.
We suggest you also bring some extra clothes (one day’s worth), in case of lost luggage.
- Inflatable mat and sleeping bag (twin size);
- Travel pillow;
- Shower products such as towel, bathing suit, soap, shampoo, shower flip-flops, hair blow-dryer, etc.;
- Discipline-specific equipment: for your art, leadership or sport;
- Clothes for about 7 days, including one warm sweater and a waterproof jacket;
- Comfortable shoes … we walk a lot during the Games;
- A padlock for lockers;
- Sunscreen, insect repellent and a hat.
Identification luggage tags will be given to team members and you must also wear your team uniform at departure.